Finally getting off the Island.

Bob Coco

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
My wife and I finally have a free weekend and I want to go to Conn. Thinking of the Mystic area. I know I posted here before about Newport but I couldn't find affordable docking. They wanted 1500.00 for a weeks docking. So we skipped that and went to Florida. This trip is a go weather permitting. I would like to stay at a nice marina with bathroom and shower facilitys, Yes my boat has both but just getting my better half to sleep on the boat is hard enough. I think we can find enough to do for a weekend. I will be arriving Friday during the day. Does anyone have any suggestions for a restaurant, marina and 2 days of activities for my wife and I ? She is making me take all fishing rods off the boat for the weekend. So, fishing is out of the question. LOL Seriously, any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks, Bob

gwwannabe

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Bummer that you can't take the fishing poles as there is great fishing in that area. I can't help you with the marina or specific restaurants since it's been too many years since I've been there but there were many restaurants serving lobster (my wife's favorite) and other foods near the marinas. Years ago we rented scooters and toured the mansions, crossed over to Jamestown Is. to see Ft. Wetherell and the lighthouse out on BeaverTail, and rode all over the area. I remember there being many quaint shops and other attractions that we visited. Had no trouble occupying a few days.

Gary 93 Gulfstream