Introduction

Lug Man

Reaction score
Newbie here.
Hi folks,
I'm Steve from Jacksonville. Lug Man is my business name...no real significance. I deal in Automotive parts. I bought my first GW about 18 months ago in May of 2011. She's a 228 Seafarer WAC with 200HP Yamaha 2 stroke OB. She spent all of her life in Cujo Key, Florida where I bought her from a local down there. I'm sure I am not alone in saying that it's been a love-hate relationship thus far. From a blown powerhead on the first trip out to most recently replacing the fuel tank and adding rod holders in the transom gunnel. I picked her up for 10k and put close to another 10k into her. I do plan on keeping this boat for a long, long time; so I am trying to do it right.
I love to fish offshore Jacksonville for grouper and snapper on the bottom as well as Mahi, wahoo, and tuna trolling the blue water.

Even thought I have only owner her for about 18months, I have fished in Fl with friends for about 10 years after growing up in Maine. I'm 43 and married with 2 young children in whom I hope to nurture the love of the seas.
If there are any other GW owners here from Jacksonville, I'd love to talk shop over a drink any time!

Cheers to all,
and safe boating!