Pondering upgrades

treblehook17

Reaction score
I have a 1996 232 Gulfstream. I am considering the following upgrades and am looking for suggestions.

Boat came with Lee's gunwale mounted outriggers. I want to change over to carbon fiber to make them stiffer but was wondering if the top mounted outriggers were possible with the mounting plate that is on each side of the top. It currently has the gps, vhf, and am/fm antennas bolted to it.

Opinion on mounting an arch to these mounting plates for the radar. How would a radar be attached with a soft top. Seems only to be a small mounting plate in the center of the top for an anchor light.

I installed 2 additional rod holders in the gunwale this spring for a total of six rod holders for trolling but I really want to get a 9 rod spread with one off a center rigger that sits in the rocket launcher. This means I need two more rod holders and was thinking just beneath the rear seat would be good but a standard size stainless rod holder mounted there would interfere with the hatch opening an closing and also would be uncomfortable for someone sitting there.

I already replaced the bow pulpit with a starboard like material. It seems to be holding up. I installed a windlass and the line hole was directly where the pulpit cleat was so I removed that. Any other idea on where I can mount a cleat near the bow for dockage.

Anybody have any idea what new eisenglass would cost just for the top down for the windshield and the sides (don't need the back)

I have a single 250 with only 400 hours on it so I am not really thinking of upgrading yet but the boat feels so underpowered. It has the outboard bracket on the back so I don't think moving to twins is feasible without getting a new larger bracket installed. My cruise is around 22 knts. I was thinking of moving to a single Yamaha 300.

Any other suggestions would be great.

treblehook17

Reaction score
I removed the black mesh material covering the rigging going from the stern to the outboard and noticed that a throttle/control cable was rubbing against the stainless steel through hull pipe causing the wire wear through its sheath and expose the internal wire. I am replacing both cables and plan on getting them a bit longer to create a loop outside of the hull before the outboard. Need to figure out how to disconnect them from the throttle/shifter.

I replaced the fuel lines (3/8") from both fuel tanks to the selector valve in the stern. Then to the fuel/water separator. Then to the engine itself. Only problem is getting the lines on the existing barb connections on the fuel tanks. I plan on putting a bit of marvel mystery oil in the line to lubricate it and then give it another shot. I replaced the fuel sending unit on my auxillary tank as well. It was so much easier to cut the sealant, remove the screws and pick up the deck sections to complete these tasks.

I will be adding a new back up bilge pump as well.

Now off to reseal the helm steering system. It was leaking. Does anyone know what seal kit to use?

I will post pics of the completed projects soon.