Tips on Trailing a 232

jdrdmg

Reaction score
I just brought a 2002 Gulfstream single engine F-250 and have a Load RIte bunk trailer rated for 6,000 pounds. I only trailer to and from my ramp (5 mile -twice a year).

I figured that my load on the trailer will be 5,500 to 6,000 so I am right at capacity. I am towing with a Chevy Silverado diesel truck.

Any suggestions on trailering this boat? Know that technically its requires a "wide load" permit but I see people trailering these boats without it (New York)

Thanks

Bokat

Reaction score
Did you take into account the weight of the trailer on the axles? I have a 1993 Gulfstream w/twin 2003 175 Evinrudes and on a scale the boat (w/148 gals. of gas), motors and trailer weight about 8,200 lbs. Granted, I have one more motor but one motor weights only 485 lbs. If your one motor weights 500 lbs. then using my weights your boat and trailer may be in the 7700 lb. range. I would consider a larger capacity trailer and sell your current one on here or some other site. You are stressing the axles and bearings which will cause premature failure. I would bet you are actually overweight on your trailer. IMHO

Reactions: camandkel02

rprieser

Reaction score
Model
Gulfstream
get a trailer with more capacity
Agree, if you ever have to trailer that boat any distance you are in trouble. Bought a new trailer with twin 5,000 lb axles and 15 inch load range 10 HD tires. Works great.

Reactions: wspitler

ALL CAPS

Reaction score
Model
Voyager
Would u have the spacing measurement of the bunks ,I'm trying to set my trailer up ?

rprieser

Reaction score
Model
Gulfstream
Have a 1988 Gulfstream with twin 150s. With the limited trailering you do it MIGHT be ok -- but not recommended. My first trailer had the same rating and I kept blowing tires. Typical haul from my house to ramp was 40 miles each way. Purchased a tandem trailer with 5,000 lb axles, 15 inch tires which gave me a load of 10,000 lbs. Works much better.