275 Freedom Sleeper seat cover

Gotfish

Reaction score
I just purchased a 275 freedom. I do not like the aft curtains because they enclose the console area too much and way to hot in summer. Maybe good use in fall. Has anyone found a good durable cover for the passenger/sleeper seat ? I think throwing a cover on there combined with the hard top curtains will protect my console. Grady cover is a silly amount of $$. Any advise would be appreciated.

yarbrowm

Reaction score
Model
Freedom 275
Congrats on the new GW F275. I recently took delivery of my new F275 and purchased the front / side curtains from GW and yes they cost a pretty penny. I had T-top boat covers in N. Charleston make me a boat cover and just retrieved it as well though haven't placed it on the boat yet. Are you looking for a protective cover for the port passenger / electromechanical stern facing seat? If so T-Top could probably make a nice one. As an aside are you completely satisfied with the fit and finish of your new vessel? Mine arrived with chipped fiberglass next to the command link display, incorrectly installed rubber borders on the windshield (shoved up under the steel cap), and a fiberglass deck defect between the port / starboard consoles (moves and "pops" when foot pressure applied and released). I've complained about the first two issues and feel sure they'll be remedied but I have concerns about the deck issue. I was surprised the boat made it through GW quality control with these issues but it happened nonetheless. I hope your new rig is spot on.

Gotfish

Reaction score
Thanks for the input. I am working with a custom canvas guy here on Long Island now. Waiting for his quote. I purchased a left over 2015 from last year that had 9 demo hours on it. Overall it is in perfect shape. One nick on my vinyl seat from being demoed over the year, but that I understood. All else looks great. So far I am very happy with the fit and finish and quality. I know they made a few nice changes on the 2016, maybe start up issues. But from what I have experienced with my dealer and heard from other Grady owners they make good on everything and are very customer satisfaction oriented. Good luck with the new Boat!

yarbrowm

Reaction score
Model
Freedom 275
Fantastic. You will love the boat. Working on hour 6 on mine and just took it for an enjoyable spin. I am sure GW will come through with the solutions for mine and that they will be remedied. I would really like to see a pic of your seat cover upon completion if you wouldn't object (also consider posting a pic of the new rig). I think that is a great idea for that seat because covering the entire boat after every use is a bit of a pain. Your cover will likely deploy easily and I think I'd be interested in something like that. Happy boating this summer.

Gotfish

Reaction score
Here you go. Finally added covers to seats. Nice and clean. Light weight on an doff easy. Custom made with Stamoid. Work great. 1 selected

yarbrowm

Reaction score
Model
Freedom 275
Did you/can you add a pic?

Seafarer228G

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
sleeper2.jpg

sleeper1.jpg

lyncha00

Reaction score
Gotfish said:
Here you go. Finally added covers to seats. Nice and clean. Light weight on an doff easy. Custom made with Stamoid. Work great. 1 selected

Hi I'm on LI and just picked up a 275, Where did you have the covers made?