Bolsters redone in Connecticut. Recommendations?

dredey

Reaction score
New Haven Ct area. Looking to get the cockpit bolsters redone in my Grady White 223. Any recommendations? Also what colors am I after? Chalk? Sea foam?

Thanks

dredey

Harpoon

Reaction score
Model
Marlin
I took mine to a local shop that does furniture, automotive etc. He matched them perfect. I think its pretty routine and the vinyl is a common material.

drbatts

Reaction score
Model
Express 305
I used seafarer canvas in Norwalk. They did redid everything on my boat, all the cushions, bolsters, and enclosure a few years back. Excellent work.

Scott72

Reaction score
I also used Seafarer canvas in Norwalk for my 248 voyager. Having them install next week and will let you know how it looks, but were easy to work with. They also did everything in the boat.

dredey

Reaction score
I went with a shop in Westbrook called Nautical Needles. I will update the results when I get them back. I dropped the bolsters off and was told one week turnaround which is really fast for this time of year. The cost was fair I guess but still expensive. Looking forward to see the finished product.

Milt

Reaction score
I have a Seafarer and lost one of the front side bow cushions. Looking for help to locate a replacement.
Thx

Fishtales

Reaction score
almost any canvas or marine interior place can do it. i'd ask other local boaters.

RI Grady

Reaction score
do it yourself. pretty easy. remove bolsters, buy the material online, get ss staples at home depot, remove old material, cover and staple. very easy diy

Jcrawford

Reaction score
I used Atlas Auto for redoing my canvas, a good shop that does great work though they are busy shop and turn around time could be long.

1998sailfish

Reaction score
Although not quiet as easy as RI Grady makes it out to be if your intent is to make them look like OEM .......The link below may be of assistance to you. I reupholstered combing pads, stern seat and seat back on my old 98' 272 Sailfish in 2012. Fun project .......as long as you have a Walking Foot commercial sewing machine :

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=17460

I amy almost complete on the same task for my current 2000 Marlin 300. Used the same color vinyl purchased from the same supplier listed above.