2000 OX66 250 oil pump doesn't shut off

Hammertime

Reaction score
My oil pump overflows the engine reservoir tank. I had the oil float changed by the mechanic thinking that was the problem. Could the ECU computer be faulty, telling the oil pump to keep pumping oil , even though the tank is full and the sender float is in the off position? Or does this sound like a electrical issue. Someone on another thread said to check the ground connections from the oil pump to ECU and the butt connectors.

Andrew93

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Express 305
Could the manual switch be stuck in the on position or be faulty? I assume the float they replaced was the one in the main tank, and not the remote tank. If you take the float of the remote tank out so it reads "empty" does the pump stop?

I had issues with the oil system in another boat with a yamaha and it ended up being corroded wiring int he harnesses. They system operates off a ground side switch and the corrosion had enough resistance that it was giving faulty readings on the gages and not working properly.

Hammertime

Reaction score
I asked my mechanic to check all the connections including ground wires.. I have a feeling that is the issue