222 electronics decisions

Jwterry3

Reaction score
Just bought a 1999 222 cc.....it has the clear plexi electronics compartment.

Currently has Lowrance HDS7 (gen 1)......wondered what other electronics folks have gone with.

Might try to build some sort of star board flush mount deal in there.....still thinking.

Yamama

Reaction score
Model
Freedom 255
I started using a Simrad GO7 last summer. At first I didn't think I would like the touchscreen, but I am use to it now. I made a small box, bought another power cord and a AC/DC converter and now am able to take the whole unit inside and work on maps, etc.

Old Cypress

Reaction score
I upgraded to a Garmin 7610 a couple of years ago and flush mounted the unit inside the electronic compartment (I have a 05 222) I purchased some black plexiglass and cut it to fit inside the compartment and used the hinge screws to hold it in so that I didn't have to drill any additional holes in the console. When cutting the plexiglass the angles were a little tricky to get right, but with a little effort it is not to difficult. I have used it for 2 seasons so far and it works great with no issues. If I can find a picture I will post it.

One other mod I did was, if you boat has livewell in the back, Instead of the solid cover which you cant see through I replaced with a clear piece of plexiglass as well. I wanted to be able to see the bait with the livewell lid closed. that works great.