New Hull Nameplate Emblem

MA208

Reaction score
On my soon to be mine 2007 300 Marlin, the port side 'Grady White' hull logo has some rubbing damage. The blue paint looks is scuffed off. Letters intact Any ideas on replacements or possibly just painting the letters back in? Grady only stocks the new style ones which would mean replacing both of them. It looks like I could get aftermarket decals, but they're not the raised letters and might look a little strange.

journeyman

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Marlin
Found this after a quick Google search...
http://discontinueddecals.com/store/p/4517-Grady-White-300-Marlin-Decals.aspx

Doesn't give size or many details, but it may be worth checking out. If it turns out they are vinyl copies and not the original raised badges, as long as they are quality, you could replace both sides??? Or have an outfit like New England Lettering in Danvers make you something custom so you boat stands out and is recognizable.

Fishtales

Reaction score
I'd reach out to GW customer service via the website or talk to your local dealer to start and see if they have NOS labels or if they can provide the manufacturer of the original ones.
I'm thinking you are talking about the GRADY WHITE logo on the aft of the starboard and port sides of the boat near the transom end. These are more of a flat logo than the raised letter ones on today's boats. I'd prefer to keep the original label on if you can find. If you can't obtain, you likely can get the current raised letter version if desired. Probably not cheap though. My guess is these are installed with two sided tape. Clean the area well and ensure you get the wax off. I'd use nail polish remover to clean. Then peel an stick.

I've found that the Collinite 920 cleaner works well on these and brings them back to life (as best as you can - they fade over time) and then wax over.

tx

Fishtales

Reaction score
Those appear to be knock offs. I'd rather a damaged original.....

MA208

Reaction score
I thought I remembered reading on here at some point someone had painted theirs. I was unable to find it, however, but if anyone has done this please let me know.

MA208

Reaction score
Actually found the post. Angler Management is the one who mentioned painting. Have sent a PM.