where to buy good yamaha service manual

against the wind

Reaction score
HI.. Could anyone please tell me were i can purchase a GOOD service manual for my 1999 200 yamaha OX-66 2 stroke.. I am going to try this season to do my own work on my motor and need a detailed manual thank u

seasick

Reaction score
against the wind said:
HI.. Could anyone please tell me were i can purchase a GOOD service manual for my 1999 200 yamaha OX-66 2 stroke.. I am going to try this season to do my own work on my motor and need a detailed manual thank u
There are service manuals available online. Some are originals and some are copies. You can spend a lot or a little and basically get the same info. The generic manuals are not that great in my opinion. The OEM manuals are bette. I have yet to find a really good book on Yami troubleshooting. The best info is available on the internet in many cases.
Send me a PM and I will look up the manual part number. I think I have a list. Include the model number

DennisG01

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Offshore
I think I bought mine through SIM Yamaha. It is a Yamaha service manual. I don't think the price varies all that much so you might just want to visit your local Yamaha dealer, especially if you will be getting parts and advice from them. Andy at SIM, though, is a very helpful person and his pricing on Yamaha brand parts is decent.

EDIT: Had used wrong/confusing words and forgot to proofread. Sorry. :)

trapper

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Yes totally agree with Dennis, SIM Yamaha! Have found the OEM manuals are best. Do most of my own work on the F200 so really find it a money saver over time. Cheers, trapper

Scott72

Reaction score
Just got the factory OX66 manual from Sims. Highly recommend the factory manual. So much easier to follow then the aftermarket manuals.

Bokat

Reaction score
I ordered a manual for my 2005 F250's from repairmanual.com several weeks ago. I have not received it yet because they said the manual is on back order from Yamaha. The cost is $79.95 with a shipping cost of $5.60. Fortunately I have time so I can wait on it. I'll try and remember to report back when I receive it.