loose helm seats / 208 Adventure

sal353

Reaction score
Both of my helm seats come loose on the pedestal. So bad that the port side fell off while underway with no one sitting on it. I think it may be the plastic piece that goes on between the seat bracket and shaft. Anyone else have this problem? I contacted GW they said I probably need a new seat "cup bushing"?

DennisG01

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Offshore
Yup, sounds about right. The "cup bushing" is what you are referring to as the "plastic piece". It's plastic, looks like a cup and acts as a bushing.

seasick

Reaction score
sal353 said:
Both of my helm seats come loose on the pedestal. So bad that the port side fell off while underway with no one sitting on it. I think it may be the plastic piece that goes on between the seat bracket and shaft. Anyone else have this problem? I contacted GW they said I probably need a new seat "cup bushing"?

If you were in calm waters and the seat fell off, it isn't the plastic sleeve. Even in choppy waters, I have never had the seat come off. The clamp needs to be snug during normal use too. I have had passengers who were holding onto the seat from behind, pull the seat off and fall over backwards when the boat accelerates (of course that was without anyone sitting in the seat)

DennisG01

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Offshore
Good point, Seasick. I assumed it was a hard, choppy ride and circumstances where just right. I guess I also assumed that he would have looked at the seat hardware to see if anything was broken. Assumptions... ;)