Blowing my horn

fishie1

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
I need a new horn for my 2002 Marlin. Recommendations?

Thanks

seasick

Reaction score
Fishtales said:
https://www.amazon.com/Ongaro-Mini-Compact-Twin-Horn/dp/B0000BYPGF/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1494628897&sr=8-5&keywords=ongaro+marine+horn

I think this is the exact one.
My 2001 horn was Ongaro. When it died, the new model had slightly different mounting hole spacing. I had two options: Patch old holes and make new or remove the mounting bracket from the original and install it on the new horn assembly. The actual horn units were identical, just the bracket was different. Since the old bracket was in good shape and polished up nicely, I opted to swap brackets.

Finest Kind

Reaction score
Changed mine several times over the years, those "Marine" horns only last a few years as they (are designed to?) rust out from the inside in a salt water environment.

Blackbird

Reaction score
My experience w/ both original and replacement horns has not been great unless you enjoy replacing them often. As an alternative, I went to a good quality whistle. It always functions properly and it is loud enough so that others can hear me. Only issue is I don't always have enough lung power for a good "long blast".

L.R.

Reaction score
Have a 2005 226.My Horns stopped working,I just took them apart cleaned the contacts up,added some Di-electric grease and they work like new.