Windshield glare from console on Grady 255

snappa

Reaction score
Hello All,

Just took delivery of my 255 Freedom a couple weeks ago. Great boat so far.

I'm seeing a lot of glade coming off the top of the console reflecting on the windshield while driving. Have any of you had this and solved it by possibly putting a flat black mat or some other covering on top of the console (either permanent or temporary)? I noticed the new 235 has a flat black leather top which I'm guessing is there for both glare and a little style.

Thanks in advance.

Meanwhile

Reaction score
Great topic. I have this issue on my Marlin. I've thought of a dark cloth cover and snaps.

Fishtales

Reaction score
Look into a black shelf liner or tool chest liner for those rolling tool boxes. I would think something like that would do the trick.
We have not seen the sun in a couple of weeks up here, so I couldn't tell you.... :)

wlewis

Reaction score
I'd rather have the glare than the black leather cover. Imagine replacing it in a few years when its weathered, sun baked and dry rotted. A bad idea Grady picked up from Whaler and others.

Polapea

Reaction score
Are you wearing polarized sunglasses? If so, you'll get glare, try non-polarized and see if that helps.

snappa

Reaction score
Thanks, I did notice that with the polarized glasses it's extremely noticeable and take them off and it all but disappears. Need to find some decent non-polarized glasses to keep on the boat.