268 islander questions

Rhumbline268

Reaction score
Hey there all.

New to the forum and also new to the grady white scene. just bought a 2000, 268 islander end of last season with a single 250 ox66. 2 questions for any one that might have one right off the bat the live well. any one elses leak into the bilge. as in they didnt seal it up real well. wasnt sure if anyone had and suggestions on this other than play contortionist and get in there with a calking gun and throw some 4200 or 5200 up in the top inside.

second. she rolls.....like really rolls. haha that a characteristic of the hull or am i trimming her our wrong. i know the tabs are huge and a little tab goes along way but daaaamn. scared the gf a little bit the other day and it wasnt even that rough out. i usually trim up on the motor 2-3 blips and add tab as needed. i also trimmed down the motor more and tried that. any suggestions greatly appreciated.

Thanks Trav.

Stephnic

Reaction score
Model
Islander
I have a 98 Islander and I can tell you that the trim tabs are very sensitive. Before running I always but mine all the way up. If one is down the boat will really lean to one side and make it very difficult to control. I trim the motors first then level it with my tabs. The boat don't roll at all. Hope that helps.

chbrow10

Reaction score
I have a 99 268 Islander. My understanding is the SEA VEE 2 hulls were designed to be trailerable and have good seakeeping in waves, the trade off was the rolling tendency of the boat. Judicious use of the trim tabs is key to a pleasant ride.