Another New Guy

DocChef

Reaction score
Howdo all

Bought a 1994 246GT last year. She was a little rough around the edges but the fact that it was a Grady AND was repowered in 2012 with 186hr on the motors sold me in a heart beat. Figured she would be a great boat for what will probably be the last ride I buy so I am intent on making her a proud vessel to ride and see.

She spent the winter in the shop getting the glass work done so now the floor is stable, lid doesn't look like Swiss cheese and the original gel coat shines bright like a new penny.

Now its time to tackle the things I can do with a little help. I am moving the batteries from the aft space to the starboard box behind the drivers seat, had a tube run when the floor was replaced. The cabin windows leak and the wiring is old school so they are the next things I need to work on.

Is there somewhere to get replacement seals for the cabin windows?

Ideas for replacing the fuse blocks, wiring and switch panel? Is there a place to get a detailed wiring diagram for older hulls like mine or do I need to trace it all?

Thanks in advance for any help and hope to start posting pics of her and the progress soon

Ky Grady

GreatGrady Captain
Staff member
Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
Welcome to the group. Nothing wrong with rough around the edges. It's got good bones. I'm going through my '04 228 that I bought awhile back to get her to my liking. Labor of love and respect to now own my Grady. To some people,a Grady is just another boat. Not to me.

Legend

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
Welcome, You can go to the Gradywhite.com web site and download a PDF of the owners manual for that year and model. The manual has detailed wiring diagrams for electric, rigging, plumbing etc. Good luck with your restoration. When you get to the GW website go to the owners experience tab and you will find a manual link.

SmokyMtnGrady

Reaction score
Welcome Aboard. Call Grady and their customer service folks should point you in the right direction in regards to the seals on cabin windows.