GW Marlin 300 Re-power

Psw429

Reaction score
I had annual service done on my Marlins Yamaha 2 stroke 250 outboards. The mechanic and I were chatting about when the time comes that I may think about repowering.....he suggested the four stroke Suzuki 300. I am interested to see if there are others on this site that have re powered there Marlins with Suzuki's......

white diamond

Reaction score
Not a Marlin but I have a 300 Suzuki on a 24 Explorer. Motor is super quiet, better on fuel than my old 250hp four stroke, all the power you want when you need it and the electronic throttle/shift control is awesome. The only advantage Yamaha has is weight.

SmokyMtnGrady

Reaction score
Pretty much any modern outboard is a good outboard. I went between ETEC and Yamaha and stayed with the 4.2 liter Yammy. Why? Dealer network is extensive and that matters to me. Zuke makes a solid motor as I understand on the internet, their dealer network ruled them out for me here in the sticks. I have to say I really like the look of the new Honda 250s. That is a sexy white motor but again their dealer Network ruled them out for me. You can't go wrong if you have a good Zuke dealer near you.

andybru

Reaction score
I have the 250 Suzuki's on a Marlin. Awesome engines but they are thirsty with fuel in the tank. I'm sure it would be more economical with some more power. I was looking at the 300's but I am now also considering the new 350's! I just feel its better to wait and see how the go before pulling the trigger.