Boat insurance

SmokyMtnGrady

Reaction score
Hey Everyone. We have Progressive through USAA and it took them about 6 working days to settle my claim on my stolen motor. They were quick and gave me zero hassles . If you are in the market for an insurance carrier, I highly recommend them. I bought Yamahas YCOP theft deterrent system. Progressive does not offer discounts for antitheft devices and I realize YCOP is a just a deterrent. Maybe next time the thieves see my boat plastered with YCOP stickers they will move on and target another boat? I hope to get my boat back next week.

Ky Grady

GreatGrady Captain
Staff member
Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
A thief is not the sharpest crayon in the box. Scum actually. Will he even know what it is or care that you have YCOP on the motor?

For your sake, I hope it never happens again to you or any of us for that matter. Just saying. :<><

SmokyMtnGrady

Reaction score
Hey John, you're right, a thief is not the sharpest hook in the tackle box. However, the motor theft going on in Florida is not a thief. According to the guy I spoke with at FDLE in Orlando, it is 2 or 3 big crime rings and they are targeting new or newer Yamahas in particular. Mercury VRODs are also on the menu too. So, I want to believe the YCOP will matter.