Fiberglass repair under bow rub rail

HopeFarm

Reaction score
My 24 Offshore Pro has damaged under the rub rail on the bow. One side is mostly screws being ripped out the other more serious has a 10" wide by 4" hole. All the the repair utubes show how to repair if you have access to the underside which of course you don't in this area of a Grady. My brother in law suggested great stuff sealant to act as a backer or my only other thought was to cut a hole in the cabin and then I'd have t deal with that. Any suggestions? Also is there any place else beside Grady to get "parts"
Thanks in advance for your help. Will have more questions I am sure as I try to get her back in the water

DennisG01

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Offshore
On my boat, there is an access door (well, a piece of canvas snapped over a hole) through the forward bulkhead to the underside of the bow area. I've never checked, but it's possible that the entire bulkhead can be removed. I have no idea what year your boat is, but is yours not like this?

Parts... Depends on the parts. If it's something specific, that Grady made themselves or had produced for them, then they're likely the only source. But you can google the part number and sometimes find it that way. If it's a generic part - like a bow light, for example - then that will be available aftermarket since that's where it came from originally. Of course, if you're looking for parts that are 30+ years old, you then run into the issue of them sometimes being no longer available.