Drain tubes broken and leaking...

siple

Reaction score
Since I bought my '87 Tournament 19 I have had stains on the transom below my drain tubes. I thought it was from the water draining from self bailing area. After much investigation I discovered the water was in fact coming from between the tube and the transom on the starboard side. Further investigation revealed the inside of the tube was broken off at the flare on both sides. I always thought this was the way these were installed at the factory. I ordered Moeller drain tubes and a flaring tool to do the install. I removed the old ones and blew the transom dry with a vacuum cleaner in reverse. After many days of drying both the port and starboard sides. I installed the new tubes with 3M 4200 and have not had a problem since. Moral of this story check your drain tubes to be sure they are not broken on the inside of the transom. I have no idea how this happened, but it did..

eppem

Reaction score
They get old and just break / wear out. Ez fix, had the same repair a few years ago on our 03 265. For sure something all should take a look at.