Thru hull sizes on a 90 226 seafarer

RTNEPTUNE

Reaction score
I am going to replace my thru hulls on my 226 . Does anybody know what sizes they are ? or is there a chart somewhere ? Some of my original ones are cracked so I figured I'll change them all
to bronze or SS . Thanks

glacierbaze

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
Look at the hoses connected to them, and see if you can get a size off the hose. Actual hole size might be a quarter inch larger than inside diameter of the fitting, not the hose.
If some are cracked, just give a jerk on the hose, and you will know the hole size right quick.

UCPA111

Reaction score
Grady White can provide that info I think. I reached out to them concerning my thru hulls on my 1983 and they had details and sizes for me... I was impressed!

Ky Grady

GreatGrady Captain
Staff member
Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
Yep, give Grady customer service a shout. They sent me the specs and the new updated numbers for the SS premium one's that Grady is now using Ordered all mine through Seel's in Charleston to re-do mine on my '04. You'll need your HIN for them to look them up.

gw204

Reaction score
Pretty sure the ones for the front and rear bilge pumps are 3/4" and the fishbox and helm drains are 1".

I have all new Attwood SS ones I pulled from my 227 if you think you might be interested.

Punch53

Reaction score
I replaced mine on my 1992 last year. The bilge pumps were 1 1/8, the livewell was 1 1/8, the fish boxes were 1" as were the front cockpit drains. Not an easy job. I would still contact Grady though as was suggested.

Ky Grady

GreatGrady Captain
Staff member
Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
I got all my thru hulls pulled out last night, and wasn't that fun! All new thru hulls fit existing holes except the front and rear bilge. Had to enlarge the holes some with a rat tail file, the hose size is the same , just the OD of the threaded part was bigger. Excited to get the hull buffed out and get the shiny new thru hulls back in. Rehab is progressing!! :) 8)

glacierbaze

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
I replaced all of mine a few years ago, and made a tool that made it a lot easier. There were several that you could get a wrench on the large nut behind to hold it, but no room to turn the wrench.
My invention was to take an old socket that fits snugly inside the thru hull, and cut a notch on opposite sides with a grinder. It fits over the two tabs inside the thru hull, and lets you tighten from the outside.

RTNEPTUNE

Reaction score
gw204 said:
Pretty sure the ones for the front and rear bilge pumps are 3/4" and the fishbox and helm drains are 1".

I have all new Attwood SS ones I pulled from my 227 if you think you might be interested.

Sent you a PM .

RTNEPTUNE

Reaction score
I just pulled all mine today . two were cracked right through and popped off as soon as I started turning them . Pain in the butt but I got them off . now I need to find replacements .