Stitching on bolsters?

Frank G

Reaction score
The stitching on the bolster behind the bench seat has started to rot and the seam is opening. What would be the best way to repair this bolster and a couple of other seams. I need help so I can give a repair shop the right directions.
Thanks.

Meanwhile

Reaction score
I have the same issue. I thought about trying to use a curved needle to stitch it up but am not sure how to go about hiding a finish knot. I'll have them all done next year so I'll try it at some point, just for the remainder of the year.

DennisG01

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Offshore
The only "true" way is to remove the skin. But, just a thought... if you feel the need to give the directions on how to do this to the vinyl repair shop, then look for another shop. This is not rocket science for anyone that does this even somewhat regularly, so they shouldn't need help. How's the rest of the vinyl - is it still soft and worthy of repair? If it's on it's last legs, it may not be worth paying for a repair as it won't hold the thread, anyways, and will rip back out in short time. In that case, put some reinforcing tape on the vinyl and just stitch it up without removing for the time being, or maybe just tape alone over the seam.