Gas flow issue

tbasgil

Reaction score
Gulfstream 232 - two tanks - I have been running great off the auxillary tank but the main tank is giving my starboard side engine stalling issues. I can switch both engines to the main tank and it will run great for about 10 minutes at full throttle. Then the starboard side stall and will not start, the primer bulb has no gas. Switch to the auxillary tank, prime the bulb and it runs great all day? If there any easy fixes for this issue? Can it be the antisiphon valve on the main tank that maybe locking up? I would think it would stay open once the engine is running. Gas line to port side engine? IF so is this an easy installation?

during the interim, running one engine off the aux and the other off the main works.

really would appreciate any good feedback,

Tom :hmm

Finest Kind

Reaction score
Sounds like there is a blockage of some sort in the fuel lines or the pick-ups coming from the main tank....
First thing I'd do (unless your recently already did) is install new filters and primer bulbs on your lines.

Then, (if that doesn't help) in order to be SURE it is related to the fuel lines from the tank (and not the motor) is to simply swap the fuel lines on your motors (easy to do at the primer bulb outlets) and see if the problem moves from your starboard to your port.

If it does, the problem IS in your fuel lines or pick ups.

If the problem does not occur in the port but still continues in your starboard, you have another issue. Time to troubleshoot your starboard motor.

And, if the problem no longer occurs in either motor after swapping the fuel lines, you got lucky and your problems are solved! ;)

seasick

Reaction score
Try running with the gas cap off and see if it still acts up. If it doesn't you have a tank vent issue.

tbasgil

Reaction score
Thanks to the replies...I will try with the cap off 1st. Then look into swapping the tubes on the main tank. Really appreciate your support.