222 fishermen jack plate

mgd

Reaction score
Hi I have a 222 fishermen 2000 with 225 two st I have had the boat 7 years and I simply love the boat i want to repower with 250 yammaha 4st the lower unit will not come out of the water as is let alone adding 35 more pounds!! I really hate to spend the money to repower only to have to put bottom paint on a brand new motor has anyone tried a jack plate on theirs

mgd

Reaction score
$ 45 a gallon oil gets old .I do like the the evo 2 it is pretty sweet gut to go 4 st back to jack plate anyone ?

mhinch

Reaction score
Why not transfer some weight forward, i.e. move the batteries.

Hineser Out

Reaction score
I have a 2006 222 fisherman that I’m repowering with a f250 4.2l. Blew up my f225. I had a 2002 about 10 years ago with a 200hpdi and with half empty tank the engine would be out of the water. So I’m thinking if I move the batteries to the console it should be enough to keep the engine out of the water. Has anyone ever done this? But bottom paint on the lower unit is really no big deal. It works and it comes off easy if you want to remove it.

mgd

Reaction score
Hineser Out said:
I have a 2006 222 fisherman that I’m repowering with a f250 4.2l. Blew up my f225. I had a 2002 about 10 years ago with a 200hpdi and with half empty tank the engine would be out of the water. So I’m thinking if I move the batteries to the console it should be enough to keep the engine out of the water. Has anyone ever done this? But bottom paint on the lower unit is really no big deal. It works and it comes off easy if you want to remove it.
what is dealers cost for a 100 hr service on newf 250

glacierbaze

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
"Why not transfer some weight forward, i.e. move the batteries."

Because most boats are designed to drain the decks to the stern. The Yam 200 lower unit on my Tournament 22 was barely touching the water, so I had the bright idea to leave a big cooler half full of water in the bow, which just got the motor clear. I got away with it for a few days, until we had a good rain, . She was down in the bow, and water was pooled back to the mid ship drains right in front of the driver and passenger seat (Not all boats have drains as far forward as the windshield). The stern deck drains were high and dry.
Even with positive deck drainage, a hard wind and rain from the back of the boat might push enough water forward to tip the balance.

Last edited: