Right radio box 330 express

grady33

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Express 330
We were headed offshore this morning when the overhead and spreader lights shut off and the radios too which are located above helm right side. We checked all connections and fuzes and no power is getting to block. There appears to be another main fuse somewhere between block and battery. I'm wondering if it is in the area above the box behind the engine Gage's/dials. Anyone have any ideas?

Legend

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
Not sure on a 330 but my 282 has two additional fuse blocks. One is overhead inside the radio box attached to the hard top and there is a second under the steering helm station. There is also a second main circuit breaker under the starboard side of the boat - it is right after shore power point of entry. Good Luck

grady33

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Express 330
We worked on it today and could not find where the problem wire was. Replaced the 10 amp inline fuse coming from battery but from there it goes in a covering with other wires and then snakes up through the hard top and then to box from what we could tell. We finally pulled the panel and went ahead and ran 2 new wires from the 30-40 amp bank behind panel. Snaked it up to box and put a 10 amp inline fuse on and attached to small fuse panel in right radio box. All good radios are working again. We still don't know where the problem is but we've bypassed it now and will eventually run another wire from battery terminal. Good thing we didn't fish today - fleet got hammered with 6+ footers at 3 seconds off Maryland.

everwhom

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Just saw this now. Not 100% sure but I think the electronics box runs come off the fuse box located behind and below the circular hatch inside the main electronics dashboard. To access you raise the dash up, pull out the pin and lift it even higher -- I use a handy foam kick board to support it. The hatch is on the port side sorta facing backwards.

grady33

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Express 330
So I finally figured out where the problem was with the power to our radio box going out. I contacted Grady and Carolyn finally got back to me to suggest I check the connections located in the area to right of livewell. Turns out there is a small access panel that I never knew existed. When I opened it, the problem was obvious. I went ahead and cut wires back and hard wired everything with heat shrink connectors. If you have a 330 more than a few years old, you should check this connection and maybe spray with anti corrosion spray.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    64.8 KB · Views: 374
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    79 KB · Views: 371