1990 226 Seafarer , back on the water !

RTNEPTUNE

Reaction score
I just launched my 226 project boat yesterday . a 90 226 Seafarer , with a flotation bracket powered by an 06 250hp E-tec . This is the first Grady I have owned and I can say what a great boat,
the power was perfect . It jumps right up on plane . After tweaking the trim and tabs a little she was flying ! It took on chop and other boat wakes like they were hardly even there . I have to say this is one of the best riding boats I have ever owned . I like the E-tec ( it is loud when you on the throttle) at idle or low rpm it's quiet like a four stroke . Thanks to the people that suggested an E-tec over a four stroke to me when choosing the power , the weight is perfect the torque is unreal . With the bracket the performance is super , even my neighbor who went
with me was surprised on how well the boat performed ( he runs high end performance sport boats). The project was a lot of work but well worth it . There is still cosmetic work to do , but I can say I am a very happy Grady owner.

Fishtales

Reaction score
Great start. You will have fun with her....

Ky Grady

GreatGrady Captain
Staff member
Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
Good move going with the E-tec due to the weight on the older hull. Has to be a good feeling getting her back out on the water after all the work. Like you, I still have work to do on mine, but that will come in time.

RTNEPTUNE

Reaction score
Ky Grady said:
Good move going with the E-tec due to the weight on the older hull. Has to be a good feeling getting her back out on the water after all the work. Like you, I still have work to do on mine, but that will come in time.

Thanks . The weight is perfect . The scuppers are above the water line and having a 250hp with all that torque she really moves . Love having the bracket also ,lots of deck space.