Legend

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
Had my twin F250 done in the spring and the bill was $600 so $300 for a single

Fishtales

Reaction score
sounds about right, they will do the oil, lower unit, plugs, fuel filter, efi check and a bunch of other checks. they should take the prop off, inspect and put back on too.

trapper

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
mgd, Why not do it yourself? It is great way to get to know your outboard. You know it is done correctly. Choose your own lubes. Been doing it for years, all necessary parts are easily accessible from the dealer. I started years ago when after taking it to the dealers for service found on return a loose gear lube plug and no lubing of the gear and fuel controls under the outboard cover. I enjoy the process, maybe that helps. Enjoy your Grady!!! Cheers trapper. p.s. sorry it had been to long ago to remember the dealer cost for service.

g0tagrip

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Not sure where you are located but the last time I had 100 hour service on my engines it cost me $580. Granted two engines but 100 hour service is a no brainer and can be done easily. I agree with Trapper, more fun to learn about your engines. Only service I pay for these days is the 1000 hour timing belt change. The 100 and 200 hour periodic maintenance I do myself. As long as you keep your engines greased, lubricated and do the periodic maintenance those Yamaha's will run 5000 hours plus. I recommend you use CRS 56 on the inside of the cowlings to keep corrosion in check also. Change thermostats every 400 hours or sooner if you do not flush engines thoroughly. I have over 1350 hours on my engines and they run like new.