Deck drain scuppers for 1994 Chase

G243

Reaction score
I have an older Chase with the flush deck drain scuppers. These have 90* elbows under the deck where the hoses connect to the hull scuppers. It looks like these 90* units are no longer available. Can anyone suggest where to get replacements. What do you folks use?

I guess I should say hello since I think this is my first post. My wife and I bought this boat several months ago and I have been hard at it to get it safe. We are able to used the boat but the previous owner let some things go. I am an experienced mariner so I'll get it there with a little help from my friends.

DennisG01

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Offshore
I was able to get replacements (they looked different, but still 90*) from a Grady dealer for my '82. I just called them and told them what I needed and they hooked me right up. You may want to also look around for SS ones.

G243

Reaction score
Thanks for the ideas. Those SS look great. I will go that way if they are the same fit. I don't mind the original type if I can source them.

Denko

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Gulfstream
Fishtales said:
GW is using new stainless steel ones. They look like this.
http://www.boattest.com/images-gallery/ ... s-Good.jpg

Does anyone know manufacturer, part number or where to get?
I've been looking for SS deck drains for my 96 Gulfstream. The ones in this pic look a lot like Southco shower drains. As far as I can tell, Southco doesn't produce SS drain fittings anymore although I did find the ones in the pic on Ebay but there were only 2 and of course I want 4 that match :? There is an older thread on this site that describes some nice drains but I couldn't find them in North America, and shipping from EU was more than the drains! If anyone does find a line on SS floor drains, please share and I'll do the same :dance

Fishtales

Reaction score
Maybe check with GW. They are using SS ones currently I believe.

G243

Reaction score
I just sent a request to Grady White regarding availability and manufacturer. I'll post a follow up when I hear from them.

artodea

Reaction score
I replaced my deck drains on my '96 Gulfstream last year but used a Forespar 906037 drain (Marlon). It is a 1.5 hose connection but I cut off the hose nipple (like Grady did on the original) and the 1.5" threaded 90deg threaded right into place. After one season, I can say they worked perfectly.

Stainless does look nice but I had a hard time finding one that would fit. Picture below is after installation (the ugliness is the trim and hatch opening still removed at the time)

eFW1apd.jpg

G243

Reaction score
That is a good idea Artodea. Plus the part number helps too. Already been to the Forespar site. I haven't heard from Grady yet.

DennisG01

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Offshore
Have you tried calling a Grady dealer directly as I mentioned above? Only reason I ask is that it was like a 5 minute phone for me and done. No waiting around for emails or anything else.

Marelon is nice stuff. It's actually only one of two materials that are CG approved for below the water line. The other one being bronze. SS, by the way, is NOT approved for below the water line use.

Fishtales

Reaction score
Hi,
I don't think you want the ones on ebay - they have mounting screws that go through the deck. Better to have a locking nut behind the drain as GW did. Artoda's is a good alternative if you can't get the manufacturer or GW part number for the new SS ones GW is using (reference the link I attached earlier). I am willing to bet that the SS ones are direct fits for GW and fit the fiberglass hole dimension.

Keep us posted!

G243

Reaction score
Grady came through with the part numbers and manufacturer. The following is their response. I hope this helps others. They attached some pictures that I will try to include.

Hello Gary,

Sorry for the delay we have had an issue with our website which did not allow some emails to come through our system. Here’s some information that may help with two style replacement scupper floor drain on your boat. The white thermos plastic fittings GW part # 11-369 with the debri bar (made by T-H MARINE SUPPLIERS PH# 256-772-0164 and their item # is TH-1992R) can be purchase through your nearest GW dealer or you can consider our current style drains GW #11-547 (manufacturer is MARINE TOWN INC PH# 352-564-1150 DRAIN SCUPPER COCKPIT 90 DEG 1-1/2" item #0403436). I have attached both style fitting for you to take a look at. Please let us know if we can further assist you.

Kind Regards,

Carolyn Ray

Customer Relations

Grady White Boats

252-830-8600

Fishtales

Reaction score
I inquired about the SS one. There may be a minimum quantity. I'll let folks know.

Fishtales

Reaction score
BTW, the one that GW uses is the "Spoke Type" not the "Shower Type".

Fishtales

Reaction score
Marine Town is a B2B supplier. They told me they will send me a distributor's contact info. Will let folks know when I get it.

G243

Reaction score
Yes, Marine Town Inc is a B2B only. The retailer is Midwest Marine and the contact in accordance with Grady White is Eugene. I talked with him yesterday. They are only willing to sell me ONE of the new deck drain scuppers when I need four. He offered to provide a different style but it will not be a drop in direct fit therefore I thanked him and am working on securing the plastic drains as furnished from T-H Marine Suppliers. I have a local company checking on availability now. I'll follow up on the results.

G243

Reaction score
Local marine company has ordered the TH Marine Suppliers deck drain scuppers for me and advised they will have them in about one week.