fuel gauge for generator// and a little more

ttles714

Reaction score
Learning the boat .... this 2007 marlin is a little different from my previous 2001 , a few more bells and whistles and 4 strokes !! ... Is there a fuel gauge for the FP generator diesel tank ?? anyone ?? Thanks in advance..

I purchased a 2007 Marlin , just in time to winterize and put to sleep !! Had it shrink wrapped today. It needed a little TLC but overall, I think in pretty nice shape .. The air cond is a little bit of an issue and was removed from the boat when i purchased it.. I was going to replace with new but apparently this unit was designed specifically for GW in the configuration of the components and the trapezoid shape of the pan. Thanks to Travis, from New Meadow Marine in Freeport , Maine. !! he went the extra mile and found the old unit and I may be able to get it repaired. It is presently in the hands of Bruce over at Sure Temp in Roselle , NJ ... one way or another I will get it going .. Autopilot will be installed in the spring .. other than that all systems are functional and the motors ( F250's) have only 500 hours and 4 new batteries. .. the boat has power assist steering , diesel generator ,TV/DVD, and a bow thruster along with newer electronics. ..
I few things I will look into , Like I am not sure I like the configuration of the batteries .. I would prefer the house batteries be totally separate from the engine starting batteries .. but thats a ways off right now .. also, I am not sure if I am going to like the power down windlass .. I can see a "Good F850" sitting on the bow in the future !!.. I will add a hard top rocket launcher 6 rod holder in the spring along with figuring a way to latch and seal the aft deck hatch rather then screwing it back into place. ( like the newer marlin ) Not sure what took grady so long to figure that out ! ...
Any Ideas or suggestions from anyone are VERY WELCOME !!!

journeyman

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Marlin
ttles714 said:
Is there a fuel gauge for the FP generator diesel tank ?? anyone ?? Thanks in advance..

Mine is just to the right when you start down the cabin stairs.

ttles714

Reaction score
Thanks ... I will take a look when i sneak back into the boat ... Took me a while to try to figure out why the overboard discharge for the holding tank did not work .. I did not realize there was a circuit breaker in the panel just for that !!!! LOL .. sometimes its the simple things .. I must have looked at that panel a 100 times and missed it 99 times !!!!