300 marlin hardtop and cockpit measurements

Captcraig

Reaction score
I have a 1999 300 marlin. I want to get a sun shade made for it. The problem is I live 1200 miles from the Boat. Could someone who owns a 30 do a few measurements for me?
-The width of the hardtop at the rear of the hard top.
-The width from gunnel to gunnel just aft of the rear seat ( where the transom door is)
-the length from the rear of the hardtop to the transom My intentions are to put stainless poles in the rear fishing rod holders on the gunnels 6 ft long. So if it is possible to put a broom stick or shovel handle in the fish rod holder measure from the rear of hardtop to the 6 ft mark on the broom stick measurement would be great.
Also if anyone has any suggestions I would like to here them.
This is greatly appreciated due to my circumstances. Thanks Craig

g0tagrip

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
I have a similar setup for my 07 Marlin. What I had done was put an aluminum runner under the aft part of the hard top which the sun cover slides into and goes back to two 6 foot aluminum poles in the aft rod holders. I could give you the measurements of the sunbrella cover if that would help. You could give me a call at 850-258-0818 to discuss.

Gary M

Reaction score
I have a 2001 and would be glad to make the measurements when I get home in a week.

We have a retractable Aft Bimini. It retracts and slides forward to lay on the hardtop for fishing.

Abaco2007032.jpg

Abaco2007030.jpg

Also, we got some info from a company that will custom make the Biminis that are held up with aluminum poles in the aft rod holders. Might be a sharper/better option than using a broom stick. I'll post that info also when I get home in a week. I'm interested in this company since we'll be moving up to a used 330 Express that most likely will not have any Aft Bimini and we'll want one for that boat.......