Which Port-a-potti

Halfhitch

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
When we bought our boat the port-a-potti was missing. In looking at the ads to purchase one I see there are different sizes. In looking at pictures of boats on Boat Trader I have seen pictures showing the Dometic brand but that is as close as I got. There is a stainless steel bracket in the boat but I have no idea what the brand or model of hold-down bracket it is. Our boat is a 2004 year model 205 Tournament. If anyone knows what model toilet and bracket I need, I would sure appreciate the info. Thanks

DennisG01

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Offshore
There's only one bracket? For the standard Dometic brand, there's usually two - they should be a few inches long, maybe an inch high - rectangular in shape (without the bottom "long side").

But, go to Dometic's site and look at their porta-potti's. They really only make 2 styles from what I can remember. One of them looks sleeker and newer. I don't think that one was around in 2004. Thetford is another major manufacturer. See if you can download manuals if you still can't figure it out. Don't worry about the size of the holding tank - that makes no difference for mounting. But, you will need to know if you have a pump-out, or not, and order accordingly.

Halfhitch

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Thanks Dennis, I found what I needed. I checked out the Dometic site and figured out that it is the 964 model that will fit in the existing brackets. Thanks for your help.