spot light on pulpit / Marlin

ttles714

Reaction score
Has anyone mounted a remote spotlight on the bow pulpit ? Marlin or similar ? Is there a wiring tube that goes into the bow area ? I would need to pull wires from the helm area to the bow near the anchor windlass .. I know it would be easier to mount on the hardtop. But then I am fighting the Glare issue .. I had a boat with a hardtop mounted light, I wound up making a "mini pulpit" sandwiched between the light and the hardtop. That made it better but still some glare .

thanks

Fishtales

Reaction score
If you look at the Stereo System Layout and/or Accessory Wiring diagrams, both show extensive wiring up the starboard side. The Access Plate and Rigging Tube Location drawing does not show any chase tubes forward of the raised deck. My guess is the bow wiring that goes up the starboard side is a harness without a tube.

I'm guessing you could get wires there but would have to snake them along and likely do some disassembly of cabin interior panels.

I put the spot light on my hardtop. I don't use it a lot, but when I do it works. I've heard mixed reviews for pulpit or in the bow lights, both have their issues as well.

Fishtales

Reaction score
BTW all owners manual PDFs are on the GW site and can be downloaded.

ttles714

Reaction score
I looked at the owner manual ... there does not seem to be a chase from the helm to the bow.. I seem to recall getting some wiring up there once but it was a fight ! My stereo on a 2007 is on the port side .. .. I may go back to the hardtop with a "pulpit like platform" under the light to block some glare . Anything done right now is only a plan in my head !! SOMETHING CALLED WINTER !! ..