Need A Cooler?

Fishtales

Reaction score
Check out RTIC for 25% off with free ship. I grabbed a 145 and a day cooler. Good quality and price is very good.

Bumpye

Reaction score
Boy is Yeti going to be pissed when they see how they copied their design!! Seriously it looks like a good quality unit with good reviews. Would love to see some competition for Yeti. Could never justify spending $200 for a cooler but $100? Sure. Planning on getting one in the Spring.
BTW, check out RTIC on Amazon. The 20 sells for $135 on their own website. Amazon has it for $180. Love seeing someone stick it to Amazon. Getting way to big and buying out/eliminating the completion.

Halfhitch

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
I don't know what RTIC is, but if they have stuff that shines the "ridiculous light" on Yeti then that's good.

Fishtales

Reaction score
I understand Yeti already sued them and they changed their design a bit.

The video reviews on the net show that RTIC is good if not better at ice retention. I thought a bit over $300 with free ship and no tax was a great deal on the 145 quart. I grabbed a 8 can soft pack cooler for $18 that looks better than the one I got from Grady when I bought the boat. Will be a nice lunch pail.

Check this out if you want to see how much Yeti is gaffing people. 30oz and it works as well as the Yeti tumbler for less than $7. I use them every day for hot and cold beverages.
https://www.walmart.com/ip/Ozark-Trail- ... /171452737

BTW I have no affiliation. Just saw the deal on THT and jumped on it.

Bumpye

Reaction score
Fishtales said:
I understand Yeti already sued them and they changed their design a bit.

The video reviews on the net show that RTIC is good if not better at ice retention. I thought a bit over $300 with free ship and no tax was a great deal on the 145 quart. I grabbed a 8 can soft pack cooler for $18 that looks better than the one I got from Grady when I bought the boat. Will be a nice lunch pail.

Check this out if you want to see how much Yeti is gaffing people. 30oz and it works as well as the Yeti tumbler for less than $7. I use them every day for hot and cold beverages.
https://www.walmart.com/ip/Ozark-Trail- ... /171452737

BTW I have no affiliation. Just saw the deal on THT and jumped on it.[/quote

Yeah they changed the name from Yeti to RTIC. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Fishtales

Reaction score
Hi,
Not sure what the business dynamic is and to be honest don't really care. For $307 though, I don't think you can go wrong buying one. The biggest issue for me is the thing walking off my boat. I don't want to have an expensive one that is a target as I will leave it in the cockpit. It is almost 60 lbs empty though.....

If anyone has suggestions other than a cable lock to secure a cooler, let me know.

Halfhitch

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Fishtales said:
Hi,
Not sure what the business dynamic is and to be honest don't really care. For $307 though, I don't think you can go wrong buying one. The biggest issue for me is the thing walking off my boat. I don't want to have an expensive one that is a target as I will leave it in the cockpit. It is almost 60 lbs empty though.....

If anyone has suggestions other than a cable lock to secure a cooler, let me know.

Paint it a real butt-ugly color like bad camo job or truck bed liner coating. Only thing about that is it reduces your pride in ownership.