2000 Adventure canvas replacement

crazy charlie

Reaction score
Hi all,new to this forum.Bought a 2000 Adventure.Canvas and enclosure is in decent shape but not up to wifeys standards so i am considering replacing in the off season.Found online OEM replacement for a fair price.Unfortunately I am not 100% sure that what I have is OEM.Looks to be however almost every pic I see of an Adventure has what looks like higher bimini and windshield enclosure than mine.The OEM replacement is mail order and non returnable which is a no-go for me.Anyone familiar with the measurements for a year 2000??? anyone have one,pics?? I can have custome made locally for approx the same but there is nothing like factory OEM.any asistance would be appreciated.Right now I am leaning towards having a local shop take it on.Charlie

Ky Grady

GreatGrady Captain
Staff member
Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
Welcome. What's your location?

A&J Canvas in Vanceboro North Carolina does the factory Grady canvas. That's who I went through replacing my enclosure on my 228. Good people. Might want to give them a call on Monday and chat with them.

Parthery

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Congratulations and welcome to the forum.

Where are you located?

Fishtales

Reaction score
I would steer clear of any so called OEM enclosures - especially with mail order / no refund. Each GW enclosure is hand fit and installed to each boat. You are correct that things change over the years, so a 2010 enclosure will likely be very different from a 2000 due to changes in the boat. As Ky says, start with A&J. Have your hull HIN ready. If they did your boat, they will have the pattern. If not, I would locate a local canvas shop and have them do one for you. This will ensure it is a perfect fit and tailored to your boat.

seasick

Reaction score
Many on-line canvas shops will sell a canvas set without the snaps installed. The buyer installs or has installed the snaps in the exact places as needed. One other reason that a local custom job is a better bet is that the top edges of the 208 canvas zipper to the zipper s on the underside of the Bimini canvas. The zippers have to be positioned pretty accurately for the curtains to fit correctly. ( Even then, installing the rear drop curtain can be a challenge:)
When its cold...OY

crazy charlie

Reaction score
Thanks guys!! I will be boating off the shores of Long Island.My original thoughts agree with the thoughts of you all.Local custom guy matching EXACTLY what I have which fits pretty well.It is also right around the same price.Might even get a good deal in Jan when the canvas guy is taking a break from shoveling his driveway..Lol

drbatts

Reaction score
Model
Express 305
I would go with a local guy for the above reasons. I used a local place in CT to replace the enclosure on my previous boat. He recommended going with strataglass and stamoid which came out really nice. In addition he also replaced/fixed multiple snaps over the years at no charge. I think they guaranteed snaps, stitching and zippers. I could be wrong but I doubt if an online retailer would do that.