New Owner here, saying hello

cuhuba

Reaction score
Just bought a new to me 2011 366 Canyon with triple 350's. Love the boat so far, moving up from a 29 Proline center console that has been good to me, but needed a better ride for our Bahamas runs. Glad to find this forum with other grady owners. Out of curiosity, any of you guys plumb your motors to make flushing easier? Triples are painful to put the hose off and on. I like how the new ones come with flush switch.

Seafarer228G

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Awesome boat!! Welcome to forum! We would all love to see pictures.

Bumpye

Reaction score
Yes great ride! Can't help you with your question. I have a single 225 on my Gulfstream which I flush each time. I have seen the newer models with a fitting right on the transom. Sweet. Pics please.

Legend

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
Hi and welcome - great boat! I have twin 250's and I bought a splitter valve and attached a couple of piece of three foot hoses. The splitter has an on/off valve for each hose which makes it easy when connecting and disconnecting. All the part are readily available at any hardware store. I'm sure there are three way splitter available. Probably cost $25 bucks. There are some setups available on line but the reviews I read showed some questionable quality. I would have posted a picture but it is under shrink wrap for the winter.
Good luck

cuhuba

Reaction score
Thank you for your kind words. Pictures are coming for sure. I have the detailer coming tomorrow to get her shiny. Previous owner wasn't a fan of wax. The new name goes on this weekend with the appropriate old name removal exorcism, voodoo, good luck fishing ceremony. Next week all new electronics, stereo, and underwater lights...and then after I sell a kidney I will have some awesome pictures 8)

drbatts

Reaction score
Model
Express 305
Congrats on the new boat. As far as flushing goes, I got myself a 3 way splitter with a valve so I can flush both engines at the same time similar to what legend explained above. Works well, but honestly I probably use it less then half of the time. I usually just hook up the hose to the engines and flush them while cleaning and doing other stuff when we get back to the dock. If I had triples that might changes though.

cuhuba

Reaction score
There she is in all her glory. Electronics are all done, Garmin 7616 x2, HD Radar, Full JL system with 6 speakers and 2 10"subs, new VHF. New underwater lights go in on Friday. I'm in love, so ready for some Bahama family fishing trips! Only issue I have right now is an annoying water accumulation under the helm controls. I'll post up another thread to see if anybody has any ideas.

Attachments

• AF4FE25C-B9EB-4CF6-9F28-BEBCB056DF78.jpeg
    AF4FE25C-B9EB-4CF6-9F28-BEBCB056DF78.jpeg
    116.6 KB · Views: 424