Removing Stern Seat Back Cushion

Jonah

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
Hi all,

Attached is a photo of the seat-back cushion at the stern of my '95 272. Am I wrong in assuming that it should easily remove by just lifting upward? I'm not having luck, and wanted to check with you all before I just try to force it upward.

Thanks as always.

Attachments

• IMG_1287.JPG
    IMG_1287.JPG
    88.8 KB · Views: 404

Sharkbait282

Reaction score
There should be two, maybe 4, grommet holes in the bottom edge of the cushion. Each grommet hole in the bottom edge of the bolsters (all the way around, not just the back seat) typically have a phillips head screw hiding up in there that keeps the bolster in place. Once you remove the screws you're on the right track, violently pull up and then out to disengage from the clips.

Fishtales

Reaction score
Yes. At least two screws. It should lift off. It may take some pressure as it has been in the position a while and over the years debris has made its way between the pad and the gelcoat.

Jonah

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
Thanks everyone.

I'm surprised that screws are involved. Every other cushion on the boat just snaps into place or slides down onto a clip of some sort. Glad I asked before I forced it off.

G243

Reaction score
Glad you asked this question. I need to remove mine after some other work.

I did want to ask if you added that access hatch adjacent to the Port aft section. I may do that or something like it.

Jonah

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
G243,

I don't know if a previous owner added it; I just assumed it was standard. (I have since cleaned it up, by the way!) It does allow for an easier reach to certain hoses, etc., instead of reaching through the seat access.