NE Boat Show

Fishtales

Reaction score
Stopped in today with the family. Biggest Grady was the 36 Dual Console. I don't recall being on one before. List over $700K, show price north of $600K. That is big rig and pretty nice for entertaining. The helm is big enough for two and the port seating could sit 4 very comfortably. Head area is massive as it is one side of the boat. Only tow real drawbacks - Cockpit is a tad small, great for entertaining; not so much for fishing. Cabin is small. You could sleep 2 but it still would be tight. Nice compromise boat though, you can do a lot in it.

The reason for the post - no new bigger GW to be seen....

Heading back later in the week with the guys. Will spend more time in Grady land then, family wanted to see other model boats this year.

Will be back

journeyman

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Marlin
Will head in to the show Thursday evening as that is my next day off. Last few years we have done the weeknight thing and found it to be much less crowded and more pleasant. Thursday is also the opening day of the Miami boat show and is where/when Grady is supposed to unveil the new 40+ model. I'm sure it's tight lips until then.

I met the guy last month who owns the 33 that is at the show. Now that is a beautiful boat! Boy is he excited to take delivery in a few months. Will be going out the Merrimack.

Even the 36 at the show price of 600 and change, it is out of my league. I'm not a fan of the DC anyway. They are all nice but it's not our boating style.

Been discussing with the Admiral the possibility of a small "beach" boat. Something we could jump in on days when we wanted to zip up the river for a few hours and chill on the sand and something she could take on her own when I'm on 2nd shift. I think that last one may have done it!!! Looking at the Edgewater 158cs. Hope they have one at the show. Our inflatable is just too small with both of us, the dog, chairs and all the rest.

MA208

Reaction score
I’m glad they finally had a cabin boat. Whaler and Pursuit had multiple. The new 325 dual console is really nice. I can see how it’s upgraded from the 307. Great layout and the swim platforms would be a big upgrade to the Marlin. Good selection of smaller Gradys as well but I didn’t look too hard. Whaler had a Montauk boat show special price of 39k. Lots of coin for a 17 footer.

I spent a fair amount of time looking at electronics. Thinking of a 7 in Axiom to use as a chart plotter. Pretty impressive stuff and prices weren’t bad.

journeyman

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Marlin
MA208 said:
I spent a fair amount of time looking at electronics. Thinking of a 7 in Axiom to use as a chart plotter. Pretty impressive stuff and prices weren’t bad.

The technology today is unbelievable. My friend who slips next to me can plan a route by touching a start position and then a destination and it will plot a course, avoiding obstacles the entire way. If I did that with my 10 year old Furuno, it would take me through people's back yards in a straight line! Amazing!!!

MA208 said:
Whaler had a Montauk boat show special price of 39k. Lots of coin for a 17 footer.

Way over priced! I'd like to look at the Edgewater 158cs up close. Maybe get one a coupe of years old for under 15K. Robalo has an R160 brand new for less than 20K including trailer. Gotta put my name in for a slip though. It's funny, when I first went to CAM looking for a slip, there was no list. I had my choice pretty much on any dock I wanted. Things were very different back then!!!!

Bumpye

Reaction score
Walked on to the Whaler display to look at the 38(?) with the trip 300's. The guy says "just what we need, the guy with a Grady hat!" He laughed, welcomed me aboard and said what do you think? I said Gorgeous-but only 2 available? He said it's a new model, they're not supposed to sell any yet...we sold one yesterday! I said good day huh. He says yeah-very good day. Still like the big Grady's. Can't afford them though. Thank god the Admiral didn't come. Would have come home with something we can't afford.

Legend

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
The new GW is a 45 footer, $ 1.3 to 1.4 M. A dealer at the boat show had a picture of it on his computer, it was being released today in Miami

Fishtales

Reaction score
Talked to a couple GW salesmen at the show on Thursday and discussed the 45' boat. Probably will be a winner as people that can afford those like the biggest center they can find.
He also said GW is not spending a dime on cabin boats from a design or upgrade perspective which is sad to hear. I guess the centers and dual consoles rule the day and that is where the investment is. They even squeezed a 32 DC between the 30 and 33. Doesn't make sense to me, but I'm sure they have a reason.

Legend

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
I don’t get the shift away from walk arounds and expresses. The bright side if current owners wanting to sell there are plenty of buyers willing to pay good prices for boats in good shape

Fishtales

Reaction score
Agree. Worse than that is there are other manufacturers investing in cabin boats that could pull people away. In the end, GW knows its business and it is a risk they understand.