Custom dash panel for 330 Express

everwhom

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Hi -- Just officially became a GW owner with a new-to-me 2003 330 Express!

I'm repowering and also replacing most (all?) of the original electronics and rather than reglassing the main dash panel (which has holes of the wrong size and in the wrong place) I'm planning to have a custom panel fabricated out of carbon fibre that matches the gauge panel and switch panel. I'm wondering if anyone else has done something like this, and especially if anyone has the precise dimensions of the original space? I'm also going to write to GW to see if I can get a CAD drawing or even better a CAD file.

If anyone has any input on this, especially a fabricator who has already made such a panel (even if in a different material), please post!

Here's my mockup of a before and after image (this is not my boat, but it had the right perspective for doing the mockup)

Thanks!

Joe

Attachments

• New-Electronics-Mockup-before.jpg
    New-Electronics-Mockup-before.jpg
    58.4 KB · Views: 3,174
  • New-Electronics-Mockup-after.jpg
    New-Electronics-Mockup-after.jpg
    84.7 KB · Views: 3,174

JJ2468

Reaction score
I have done just that. Send me an email and will send U several pictures

Twin Garmin 7212 screens. Tight fit

Jeff@macmoy.com

Kraken

everwhom

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Thanks for the replies!

jrbinch88: I really want to match the other dash panels on the boat, but you do some beautiful work. I may have some other starboard projects that I'll contact you about.

JJ2468: thanks for the images and info!

everwhom

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Woo hoo -- finally got my panels fabricated. Here they are literally just cut from the fabricator. I used http://www.internationalmarineservice.com/ (breimer@internationaltackle.com). I won't be able to see them installed until January, but if they don't fit it will actually be my fault. I ended up doing the outlines myself in a CAD program. Happy to share the DXF files, but probably better to wait until I can verify the exact fit.

The material is 1/4" acrylic with a carbon fiber "look". I'll post some better pictures once the pieces are shipped.

Joe

Attachments

• on laser cutter.jpg
    on laser cutter.jpg
    916.3 KB · Views: 2,870

everwhom

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
... and I finally have the first picture of the dash installed by my marina.

Looks like I got the dimensions pretty much right on. I haven't seen it in person so I can't tell if it's off by a hair or two yet, but I'm pretty pleased especially because I never used the CAD software before.

Happy to share the DXF file if it's useful -- just message me.

Attachments

• IMG_0014.JPG
    IMG_0014.JPG
    307.4 KB · Views: 2,689