208 storage and seats

LarryO

Reaction score
Disappointed with my 2000 208's storage space at the stern. There is none. My '89's was great. Any suggestions? Very little room between pilot seats also. Anyone ever change them?
Thanks

seasick

Reaction score
Correct, there is no aft storage locker space. The starboard mid locker ( behind the helm) store a lot if you don't need it for fish. Same for the port mid locker. I use the livewell so that locker stays empty but I stash mu second anchor, spare lines and other small items in the starboard mid locker. For storage that you don't need frequent access to, the three lockers under the cabin's cushions are decent. I stow extra vests, clothes, lines, extra flares etc. Just note that the forward most locker may get damp. The port and starboard are drier but can get moisture from the bilge.
As to the seats, there aren't many options to the spacing. You could for seats without arm rests but the arms are some comfort. There is very little room between the seat base and the side of the helm so moving the seat pedestals even if possible won't help.
The hull is what it is, it's a small boat.

Firenailer

Reaction score
Those fish boxes aren't totally waterproof so while I use the one behind the helm for cleaning agents and such I wouldn't put anything in there that needs to stay dry unless you use a waterproof container. They DO have a lot of room for stuff though!

seasick

Reaction score
Firenailer said:
Those fish boxes aren't totally waterproof so while I use the one behind the helm for cleaning agents and such I wouldn't put anything in there that needs to stay dry unless you use a waterproof container. They DO have a lot of room for stuff though!
Yes they are not dry at all. Water on the lip may run inside but more importantly, water can enter through the drain thru-hulls depending on weight carried and boat actions like turning. The lockers in the cabin are relatively dry

Lt.Mike

Reaction score
Model
Overnighter
I sealed up the seams on the starboard side fish box on my 204C, plumbed it for fresh water and made it a recirculating live well. I also added an air stone .
It's had 10lb catfish, doormat fluke, and a 34lb 43" striper slid into it which were kept lively even on the trailer for the ride home. (The striper was a close fit :wink: )
Keeping the fluke kicking allows me to cull my catch as bigger fish come over the side.
The port side hatch holds out riggers, deck brushes, and the sort.
If it needs to stay dry it goes in the cabin.
The one compartment that is somewhat useless is the one in the deck floor by the helm which is wet and cannot be opened when the cabin door is open and tied back against the helm.
It isn't good for much other than bucket and cast net storage.
Mike