Lettering on helm switches no longer legible

ksgoldman

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Freedom 275
I have a 2010 Tournament (now Freedom) 275 that I purchased new and which now has about 860 hours on the boat. It's in great shape for its age but for the fact that the rocker switches on the helm (for the bilge pumps, nav lights, accessory switches, etc.) are no longer legible as the white lettering has faded. I understand that I can replace the actuator part of the rocker switches but that seems like a big expense. Can I rub white paint into the engraved part of the switch where the lettering faded? If I do replace the actuators, is there another source besides my dealer that I can buy them from at a reasonable price?

Thanks

journeyman

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Marlin
Mine were faded as well. I have the last generation (more square) switch covers and my dealer had a decent enough stock of them. All except the windlass switch. Not super expensive, I think around $5 per so it didn't break the bank but really dresses up the helm. The covers pop off easily and the new ones go on even easier. If you can't find a supply, check to see if the the new switch covers fit on the older switches.

drbatts

Reaction score
Model
Express 305
I found replacement covers for my switches on ebay.