FM stereo antenna 300 Marlin

Angler Management

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Marlin
I wanted to add an external antenna to my FM radio receiver in the galley on my 07 Marlin 300.

Bought an extension and an antenna, took the receiver out of the wall and ITS ALREADY GOT ONE, but where is the antenna? The cable goes up and seems to go forward. I can find no sign of it from there.

Anyone?

Meanwhile

Reaction score
I'll be anxious for the answer. My guess is within the hardtop. I've yet to cross that road.

I replaced my little TV with an EBay digital, it doesn't fit exactly but it works. Did you add a digital TV antenna as well?

Fishtales

Reaction score
My guess is it is in the cabin, maybe under the headliner.

Fishtales

Reaction score
Just thinking, you could shoot an email to GW Cust Service thru the website. They would be able to tell you for sure.

Angler Management

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Marlin
Tearing it apart fully next weekend. Installed phase I of the new Raymarine AXIOM this past weekend. Exciting! RC

Tuna Man

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Stock FM antenna is nothing more than a piece of wire string above the black lexan sliding cabinet on the port side of the cabin. We upgraded to Galaxy 8 foot model on the hardtop with great results close to shore. We have mixed results offshore (80 miles) because we pick up NYC, Philly, Long Island, NJ, and Delaware stations and they tend to step on each other, instantly "changing" from station to station. Hope this helps.