%$#@%% Vacuflush replacement Marlin 300

Angler Management

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Marlin
I give up.

I have replaced all parts on my vacuflush foot pedal/clamshell system, and the foot pedal continues to slip. I believe one of the two screws that holds the spring apparatus has stripped, giving just enough wiggle room for the clamshell shaft to disengage upon pressing the foot pedal.

I think I'm just going to purchase an entire new one (not the vacuum pump, but the entire commode unit). Of course this looks difficult to replace.... I'm looking for any tips from those of you who have replaced the unit as to price, model, and any installation tips that I'll run up against.

Summer's coming, and the girls don't like to use the bucket!!!!

Thanks in advance

Randy

PS- I see Ardemco is having a May sale... might be providence.

Meanwhile

Reaction score
Best of luck. Sounds like the shite.

Please document with a repair post with photos.

I'm going to knock on porcelain that mine is OK.

Randy II

Angler Management

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Marlin
Just received this back from GW customer service. Less than a half hour from website inquiry to answer.

Nice.

RC

+++++++++++++

Hello Randy,

The Vacuflush toilet that I list for the 2007 300 Marlin was made by DOMETIC/SEALAND and the toilet item # is 317470903 VACUFLUSH 709 BONE. Here’s a contact # for them 1-800-321-9886 (Shirley Ext. 233). They should be able to help find a replacement toilet for your boat. Hope this helps.

Kind Regards,

Carolyn Ray
Customer Relations
Grady White Boats
252-830-8600
------------------------

Angler Management

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Marlin
OK phoned Ardemco, evidently Dometic must have made about four units of the model 709. You can find a 704, a 509, a 5209, but no 709. Not sure if the other model numbers fit.

Ardemco did have a replacement base pedestal for the 709 that comes with the foot pedal, spring apparatus, shaft and clamshell pre-assembled. $199

Hoping I'll be able to unbolt the pedestal from the head floor without much problem. Ha!

I am happy knowing that I have enough spare parts to create a second Frankentoilet on the boat if I need one this summer. I'll get back to you with pics if I can.

R

MA208

Reaction score
Thank you. I am soon to be a 2007 Marlin owner. So this will be helpful to me when the head craps out.

Angler Management

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Marlin
MA08 there's a thread or two on this forum, and The Hull Truth site, about replacing the "duckbills" on the vacuum side you should become familiar with also...

I received the pedestal today. Looks correct. I'm hoping to have it done by the end of the week, depending on honeydo's. I'll try to remember to take pictures.
:bang

Fishtales

Reaction score
dreading the day when mine needs to be fixed. a real crap of a job.... take pics!

Angler Management

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Marlin
Thought I'd let you know this all went smoothly. Make sure the final cover for the pedestal will fit by keeping the nut for the hose clamp as near to the footpedal assembly as possible. R