Accessory electrical fuse box

RayLeoni

Reaction score
First I would like to thank the four boatsmen who gave me good advice about replacing the transducer cable on my 2004 Tournament 225. It was fairly easy to do once I removed the aft-side plywood panel in the storage compartment below the starboard console. But to remove this 2 ft by 3 ft plywood aft wall, you must unscrew the small electrical fuse panel that is screwed to the plywood on its upper right corner facing aft. That's when my problem surfaced.
When I unscrewed the 3 or4 screws holding the fuse panel to move it out of the way, the panel actually fell apart. All the automotive type fuses fell out as well as the metal clips that hold the fuses. Before disconnecting all the wires connected to the fuse panel in order to attempt reassembly I made sketches and took photos of the fuse panel.

Does anyone know the make and part number of this fuse panel; it is rectangular about 5 by 7 inches? Can it be reassembled?
Thank for your help. Ray Leoni

ElyseM

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
just buy a brand new one. blueseas, marinco, etc. any boating store/website.

but, these are one piece blocks (with a cover). it should not have fallen apart, especially on a 2004 vessel. was this oem? it sounds odd that gw would put a distribution block on a bulkhead meant to be removable. but i don't know the layout of your model. good luck, ron

Parthery

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
X2 on a new one. I agree with Ron though that it's weird that it was mounted where it was. On my 2000, it's mounted to the underside of the starboard console. You can get to it either by laying down on the deck where your feet would be when you are driving, or by removing the plywood panel.

RayLeoni

Reaction score
Thank you Ron and Parthery for your comments. I believe this was an original installation as I bought this boat in 2015. My mistake was in unscrewing the fuse box from the plywood panel before removing all the wires thinking that I would be able to hold the panel out of the way while removing the plywood. But there was not enough slack in the wires to move the electrical panel enough so that the plywood could be extracted. So while disconnecting the wires from the panel, it's cover snapped off allowing all of its components to fall out.

However, reassembling the accessory panel was quite easy once I found all the clips and fuses. I then reattached the panel to the plywood bulkhead after the plywood was screwed back in and then reattached all the wires. Actually, the location of the accessory panel on the upper right corner of the plywood bulkhead is a convenient location because you can sit on the floor between the consoles facing aft and have good access to this panel.

It all worked out well. The new Garmin chirp transducer provides a great sonar picture and the GPS options are incredible without requiring a separate GPS antenna that was needed for the original Furuno unit.