Furuno GPS Antenna

journeyman

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Marlin
I had problems losing satellite signal intermittently which worsened this week. I poked around checking connections and such but suspected the puck antenna. My AP then gave up and would not even power up. I did not know if the 2 issues were related or not but I bit the bullet and bought a new Furuno GP 330B GPS antenna and installed it. Both issues resolved. Easy but pricey fix. My GPS antenna is not in the beam of my radar which I have read can damage it so, evidently, they can go bad over time. FYI...

Happy summer and safe boating to all!

Bayhouse

Reaction score
I lost the GPS signal from my Furuno puck a few weeks back but it's on the buggy top of my tower and I had zero interest in trying to pull wire for a new antenna. I have a mixed system of Garmin and Furuno (mostly for the radar) so I just connected the Furuno display to the NMEA 0183 from my Garmin.

Meanwhile

Reaction score
I had problems losing satellite signal intermittently which worsened this week. I poked around checking connections and such but suspected the puck antenna. My AP then gave up and would not even power up. I did not know if the 2 issues were related or not but I bit the bullet and bought a new Furuno GP 330B GPS antenna and installed it. Both issues resolved. Easy but pricey fix. My GPS antenna is not in the beam of my radar which I have read can damage it so, evidently, they can go bad over time. FYI...

Happy summer and safe boating to all!
Old post, but I'm going to replace my GPS puck with a new 330b. Was it difficult to pull the cable on your Marlin? Any hidden flex ties?