Bow Light mounted under pulpit?

ROBERTH

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
Hi folks, thinking about mounting a spreader type light under the pulpit for purposes mostly to show the anchor rope and anchor when retrieving in the dark.

This light would cause no glare from the helm, but aid someone up front to see what is going on, etc. Might be able to see the rope from the helm also with some light under the pulpit I am thinking....

Anyone done something like this?

This one looks pretty good to me so far: https://www.superbrightleds.com/moreinf ... -18w/3115/

ROBERTH

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
See lots of views, but no comments. I have not seen this done before, so likely no input on that from experience.

I do know that this light will take on lots of water/wave action heading into seas, so getting one with strong water proof capability is key here.

Would be cool also to put an actual spotlight that has a remote control under the pulpit as well, then could use to steer by at night when needed, but so far, I haven't had that need.

Anyone here use anchor at night and need to retrieve? If so, do you find it difficult to see/track which way the rode is going?

ROBERTH

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
Wow, that is very nicely rigged out!
Thanks for the link.

ROBERTH

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
I guess I spent too much time, more than the 30 seconds. I could not find it in white! :mrgreen:

However, it is uncanny how much it looks identical to the one on Superbrightled's site.