248 Voyager, port side flip up bench seat?

Nick1150

Reaction score
Hello to all,

I own a 2000 248 voyager, and I would like to build a port side flip up bench seat in order to form a Γ shape seating when the family is on board and a table to create a small lunch corner, and of course to flip down the bench and store the table column when fishing is involved...

I would like to build something like the GW OEM one, so I googled for hinges for boat flip benches, and couldn't find anything similar.

Do you guys know who is the supplier of the GW flip up bench seats so I can order directly?

Any ideas about the table would be also appreciated ;)

Thanks

Nick

DennisG01

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Offshore
The table is easy. Those are available through just about any marine store or online retailer and come in many shapes and sizes.

The flip bench is going to be a little harder, but anything is doable with enough time, effort and money. GW would have built that bench themselves. Whether they made the hardware themselves or had the hardware custom made for them ("possibly" just off the shelf) I do not know. But you might want to contact GW and ask about that - at least being able to get the hardware from them.

Other than that, do you have a picture of where you want to mount it? And a picture of the OEM setup?

Garelick makes nifty "swing-down" support legs. There are such things as "double piano hinges" (I could be using the wrong word), and they aren't too hard to find. I had a rear bench seat on my 28' Sea Ray that folded up and out of the way when not in use - it used a double hinge.

Have you thought about just having some collapsible chairs instead of the bench? Or maybe a bench that is free standing and store it in the cabin? Or the bench could slip/lock into a rear mounting system with foldable front legs (and be stowable in the cabin)? Might be easier...