Need a boat cover or bimini top? Contact Boat Covers Direct.Sea Tow

Tiger cat wanted

Listings by GreatGrady members of personally owned boats for sale or wanted. No commercial listings allowed unless a sponsor.

Moderators: Seafarer228G, Potterbuilt

Tiger cat wanted

Postby WVGrady » Aug Mon 07, 2017 12:43 am

Looking for a center console Tiger Cat, not the walk around.
WVGrady

Re: Tiger cat wanted

Postby mhinch » Aug Mon 07, 2017 8:35 pm

i just sold my F26. There was an X26 for sale on CL in I think Greenville, Sc with new yamaha twins......looked for a link but couldn't find.
sorry and good luck with your search
mhinch

Postby WVGrady » Aug Thu 10, 2017 1:15 am

Thanks for the lead. I looked and could not find it. Found one in maryland through a brokerage but not sure it is still for sale. Also found one in Inman SC. Still searching. Would love to find an unpowered hull. Any leads appreciated.
WVGrady

Postby mhinch » Aug Thu 10, 2017 2:01 am

mhinch

Postby strick62 » Aug Sat 12, 2017 3:52 am

That craigslist ad doesn't give many details. Price seems steep unless those Yamahas are about brand new, though. Truth be told, I wasn't even aware there was a cc Tigercat. I've owned and loved Grady's, and have been searching for a cat, but I've never heard anything positive about the Tigercat. Not meaning to derail the thread, but is the CC a better performer than the WA?
strick62

Postby WVGrady » Aug Sun 13, 2017 12:33 am

Actually had found that one. Its up by greenville. Says engines have 150 hours on them. My problem is I personally dont care for four strokes and don't know if I would be able to sell them.

I really dont know if the cc or walk around are better. I prefer the relaxing space on a boat. I think they are just like everything else. Some people love them some hate them. I have heard that weight distribution was better in the later years
WVGrady

Postby mhinch » Aug Sun 13, 2017 12:19 pm

Here it is over on Saltwater Central
http://saltwatercentral.com/ftopict-54284.html
mhinch

Postby teaklejr » Aug Mon 14, 2017 1:12 am

My wife and I have owned our 1997 F26 Tigercat for 11 years now and love the boat. I think most off the negative talk about them is from people who have never even been on one or came from a mono hull and never gave the catamaran style boat a chance. It is totally a different driving experience, they will tend to kind of sway from one sponson to the next especially in calm water but if actually learn to trim the motors properly that will go away. They lean to the outside when you turn, coming off some waves on a beam sea they can lean a lot but once you know the boat it's no big deal. It's no speed demon but gets the job done while not knocking your teeth out on rough day's. Then there is the ride, you cannot compare the ride of similar size mono hull to a cat the cat will (in my opinion) outperform a mono hull any day of the week. Some people just hate the way a cat looks but I think they are just great looking. One thing about the Tigercats is not many people even know Grady White made a catamaran, we get a lot of people look at ours with a strange look on there face and I know what they are thinking. We spend at least one night every weekend from May-November sleeping on ours and every time I leave her at the slip I still look back and smile at what a sweet looking boat "Sunny Life" is.
"SUNNY LIFE" our 1997 Grady White F-26 Tigercat 200HPDI Yamaha's
teaklejr

Postby WVGrady » Aug Thu 17, 2017 1:38 am

Thanks for the input teak. I think the tiger cats are a solid platform. I am still looking. The problem is wanting the center console with the open bow vs the walk around. I am however, patient, hopefully something will come up. Would love to find a good hull but we will see. They are rare and eventually may have to go with a different cat :( :( .
WVGrady

Return to For Sale/Wanted