1988 190 Tournament Show and Shine - documentation photos

Jeff_R

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
This past weekend I finally finished up a couple odds and ends to get my new-to-me 1988 Grady-White 190 Tournament in a good spot. I have been using this a boat tons on our local Lakes and will likely be heading out to the Great Lakes this weekend. After 2.5 months I have to say I love the way this boat works for my family needs FAR better than any of my past 5 Whalers. Also, I am actually glad I went with a 190 and not a later 192. I actually like the old style transom better for fishing, trolling in following seas and for keeping the kids contained and inside while under way. I know people say that the Sea-V hulls have a better ride but after being parked next to one for Winter Storage and surveying it, I think apples to apples there might not be all that noticeable difference in ride quality for the majority of people's uses. I would like to get out on and really see firsthand.

Anyway, here is a list of work I have done since January.

Installed a Lowrance Elite 5 DSI Chartplotter / Sounder
Installed a Lowrance Link 5 DSC VHF with a new antenna
Installed new transom Thru-Hulls
Installed a new Wise fold out passenger seat
Raised the Motor up to the third set of mounting holes
Removed and refinished all of the wood trim
Removed all of the old striping and decals
Created, cut and installed all new decals and registration #'s
Extensively compounded and polished the hull exterior and interior
Cleaned up some wiring issues...

There is still a lot of work I have planned for the coming winter but, the boat is at least at a place I am proud of it.....so, I shot some photos and thought I would share. I shot a tons of images...I figured it might help others who would be researching these models. I know when I was looking at purchasing them I could not find a whole lot of good documentation on them.

190 Tournament Photos

Cheers,
Jeff

Action_Jackson

Reaction score
Re: 1988 190 Tournament Show and Shine - documentation photo

Nice, looking really good Jeff. I can agree with everything you are saying, the layout is great for family and fishing, be tough to find a larger 19ft'er. Enjoy the summer!