Desolation Sound 2015

LastChance

Reaction score
One of the gems of the Pacific Northwest is Desolation Sound, about 120 miles north of Vancouver....

Our first serious cruising experience in this Grady involved a 3 week cruise with friends in Desolation. It was an interesting "adjustment" in living space from our previous boat which was a Sea Ray 48 Sedan Bridge. Also, going from 25 tons to 6 tons, we were a little more picky in choosing weather windows for travel in Georgia Strait.

A complete album can be seen here:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/john_c_bo ... 6945356336

Attachments

• DS2_0914R_072.jpg
    DS2_0914R_072.jpg
    461.3 KB · Views: 1,721

trapper

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Last Chance, great photos, We are very familiar with Desolation Sound and Discovery Island areas. Summer cruising, fishing and winter prawning, It is a 40 minute run from where we launch. Although it appears to be busy in the summer month( not really when I see what some areas the Grady lads cruise in) the winter is beautiful in its solitude and snow capped mainland mountains. WE have had days in the winter months when we cruise all day with a couple of hours of prawning and do not see another boat. Yes I keep on top of my boat maintenance!!! Anyway, glad you enjoy our back yard. Cheers trapper

Meanwhile

Reaction score
Looks great. I need to get up there and enjoy the passage, maybe all the way to Port Hardy.
Thanks for posting the link.

Randy