NJ fishing reports

Stephnic

Reaction score
Model
Islander
Good day. I’m heading out in the morning leaving before the sun comes up. Going to run north to Long Beach Island and start to troll on the south end of LBI hopefully find some birds working.

SkunkBoat

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Model
Express 265
Seems bass are eating big bunker again this fall, what ever happened to sand eels and jigging fall bass?

There were 4 humpback whales eating bunker in 35 ft off Asbury. Strange to say but it is so common now I did't even take pictures.

Friday was supposed to blow NW at 30knts but it was North and ugly. But thats why I bought the Grady so we put her to a test and it rides GREAT in some ugly seas.
Can't say enough about it. Likes to go at least 20mph though so you can't be shy. Really lands soft.

Sunday weather is 2 ft or less. Going to run out to Shark River Reef for Sea Bass/cod/flounder...keeping an eye out for stray bluefins popping up.

Stephnic

Reaction score
Model
Islander
We went Sunday ran to the red tower on LBI. We trolled all morning off LBI then down to AC and trolled a couple of lumps down there and nothing. I only heard of one fish being boated. Hopefully, the fish will start moving south. Burned a lot of gas for the boat ride but is was very nice out.

SkunkBoat

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Model
Express 265
Sunday 11/12 - Got away from the 1000 boats going to Asbury for stripers. Went out to the Shark River Reef for some bottom fishing. Covered in 12" throwback seabass. Moved around a lot but all the same. Went out to the Arundo wreck. Pretty much the same. we ended with about 30 seabass, some ling, a few porgies and a wandering weakfish out in 155 ft.

Thursday/Friday look good for striper fishing.

JLtPARjl.jpg

Reaction score
Went yesterday Tuesday 11/14. Just north of Manasquan Inlet off of the Spring Lake radio tower. Bait and Bass all over the place. Got our limit over /under and released 9 others. They're here. Fleet wasn't bad because of it being a Tuesday. This weekend will be a mad house. I'm going tomorrow and Friday.

Reaction score
Went Thursday back to Spring Lake. Read plenty of bait. Got bit off twice by bluefish. Had one Bass runoff but he spit the bunker. Went up to the Sandy Hook Reef for Blackfish. All shorts then the Gale force winds came and I headed in. Not a great day by any means. Some guys on my creek got bass trolling down around Seaside Saturday but not really the hot action of Tuesday. I'll give it a go Thurs-Sunday weather permitting then haul for the season.

Reaction score
Went Thanksgiving morning. Just off the radio towers in Sea Girt. Got 2 up to 40" on snagged bunker. Trolled until noon with out a hit. Went Friday for Blackfish at the Sea Girt Reef. Had to make quite a few moves to put together 6 keepers. Got boarded by the Coast Guard for a "safety check". They later told me they were really looking for boats with stripers outside the zone. Dropped the boat at Comstock Saturday to be hauled and put to bed for winter. I'll check back with you in the Spring. Have a good winter.

SkunkBoat

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Model
Express 265
I'm too far north for drum so I haven't heard anything. Launching Saturday if all goes well. Probably start with cod/ling/blackfish out in the mud hole until the bass show up off Sea Girt. Bass are on in Raritan Bay but thats too far north for me.

Jody

Reaction score
I fished out of the Absecon inlet last winter we killed the striper till about Christmas. Boats in AC right now I'm doing the bottom don't think I'll be in for a few weeks. I have a slip I can use in Cape May so going there to fish the Delaware bay for drum and hopefully do some shark first. Good luck.

SkunkBoat

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Model
Express 265
Launched the Grady on Saturday. Still needs a lot of prep but we couldn't stand it anymore so we ran out Tuesday at 3PM 20 miles to Shark River Reef with some clam. Drifted over a wreck and got some short 19"-20" cod. Wind too fast to fish it drifting. Dropped anchor for first time with this boat. Got a 21" and 29" cod right away, then nothing. So we pulled anchor to try and reposition. Wind had kicked up... dropped three times and dragged into the wreck three times. Luckily got it out three times. Only has 4 feet of chain...need 15'...

Tried drifting again and holding position with motors but by then too breezy. Headed in at 7pm. 40 miles for 2 fish....WORTH IT!!!! :dance

Winter is OVER!!!
dKljexrl.jpg

SkunkBoat

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Model
Express 265
got out Sunday evening troll for stripers off Sea Girt from 25 ft out to 60 ft. No luck. Bunker schools were down and scattered.

Monday went to Shark River reef for Cod & seabass. Got another nice cod like last week and 2 "just make it keepers" and some throw backs. Not a single seabass out there. Tried the Arundo wreck got a few ling and a short cod, NO seabass.

Went in to Sea Girt reef, found seabass chewing good. Managed 15 keepers and a bunch of shorts.

1XRwkSel.jpg

Jody

Reaction score
Nice bringing the boat to Strathmere this weekend for a week of vacation last year had fun with snapper blues and flounder. Two of my buddies got their boats in this week at capemay so one night it's drum in the Delaware bay. It's been good there up to 50 pounds

Jody

Reaction score
Catching flounder in the back waters behind Strathmere more throwbacks then keepers. Bass are getting caught off the beach with clam. To get out front from where I’m at is a pain with all the no wake zones. Corsons inlet I’m told is passable but I’ve never seen a boat use it not worth the chance. Wife wants a beach day since it’s her birthday I guess I’ll be surf fishing. Lol

Jody

Reaction score
A buddy went 4/4 yesterday on Bluefin when I get the details I’ll post. He runs out of Cape may. Also if you’re going out check your safety gear I watched two SP and one CG boats go from boat to boat at the Absecon inlet while I was flounder fishing.

Jody

Reaction score
Tea cup 30 fathom line, he said they were all over the place only hitting spreader bars.