Ocean Adventure

jetskibrian

Reaction score
Every time I go out it is an adventure, today was no exception. Todd West and I stopped at Atlantic Bait and Tackle in Virginia Beach this morning and loaded up on eels before heading out for another Cobia trip. We dropped our jet skis in at Owls Creek Boat Ramp and headed out of Rudee Inlet around 0745. The weather was all over the place with clouds, light rain, fog and then sun later in the morning. Sea conditions were fair with a two to three foot seas and 8-10 foot ground swells from the remnants of the hurricane offshore. We worked the CB Buoy line about 10 miles offshore of the beach. The water around buoys 1-4 was clear and a pretty pale blue, that is the area we found all of our fish. Saw about a dozen Cobia, most of them were small. We caught 4 and kept one about 40 inches. He will be dinner tomorrow! We got back to the ramp around 1300 hrs. I have been fortunate to fish 5 out of the last 7 days, it has been a blast! This weekend I am volunteering at an educational booth at Bay Days in Hampton Va. My neighbor Julian and I will be demonstrating how to raise Oysters through aquaculture. Here are some pictures from today.

atlanticbaitandtackle.jpg

fishon2.jpg

cobia25.jpg

Toddwestwithcobia.jpg

brianwithcobia2.jpg

brianwithcobia.jpg

rudeeangler.jpg

navyship72.jpg